Our Visa® Platinum Debit Card can be used to make purchases at millions of retail merchants worldwide that display the Visa logo, like grocery stores, shopping malls, resorts and airports. It's the easiest way to shop! Simply swipe your card and be on your way. Your purchases will be deducted automatically from your checking account. (Cannot be used at car rental facilities.)
Visa Platinum Debit Cards also double as ATM Cards, giving you 24-hour access to your accounts whether you are at home or traveling. You can withdraw funds and transfer funds at CO-OP®, NYCE®, or PLUS® facilities across the country, as well as at a Neighbors Credit Union ATM. Plus, you can deposit funds at Neighbors Credit Union's ATMs too!
CO-OP ATM Network
Neighbors Credit Union is proud to be part of the CO-OP Network. Because of our participation, you have access to an ATM whether you're around town or traveling, surcharge free!
- Locating a CO-OP Network is simple! You may do so by:
- Text a street address, zip code or "city state" to 692667 (my coop)1 - need more locations, text back MORE
- Download the ATM Locator app from the iTunes App Store2
- Download the ATM Locator app from Android Market Store2
- Visit https://co-opcreditunions.org/locator/
- Call 1-888-SITE-CO-OP
- Activate debit card by calling: 1-800-456-6870
- Report lost or stolen debit card by calling: 1-800-991-4965
- View Visa Debit Cardholder Agreement by clicking here.
- View Visa Debit Card Dispute Form by clicking here.
- View Visa Debit Card Fraud Form by clicking here.
Neighbors Credit Union protects your accounts by analyzing card usage. If we notice spending in unusual stores or out-of town places, we may contact you to confirm the purchases. If we cannot reach you, your card may be blocked until you contact us. While this protects your account, we understand it can be an inconvenience if the purchase was valid.
What happens when fraudulent activity appears to be detected on my card?
You will be contacted to verify the transaction and your identity.
What if you cannot reach me?
We may block your card for that and any additional transactions, until we hear from you.
- What do I need to do?
- Be sure your contact information is up-to-date with us, especially your home, work and cell phone numbers.
- If your credit card has been blocked due to fraud, call 1-866-334-1048.
- Be sure to keep Neighbors Credit Union's phone number (314-892-5400) with you in case need to contact us.
- Here are some tips to help prevent your card from being declined:
- Contact Neighbors Credit Union when you are traveling. We will note your account so that your account will not be blocked due to out-of-town spending.
- Choose "Credit" instead of "Debit" when using your card. PIN transactions have a $500 daily limit to protect your accounts. Therefore, if you are purchasing an item that is more than $500, your purchase will be denied, despite how much you have available in your account. If you process the transaction as "Credit" (instead of selecting "Debit") and sign, you will be able to complete the purchase.
If you follow these steps, you will help protect your accounts while helping ensure your debit card will not be declined on valid purchases.
PIN-Less Debit Transaction Disclosure
Your Visa debit card allows you to conduct transactions on the CO-OP, NYCE, or PLUS networks. Some merchants are authorized to accept non-Visa debit transactions without requiring you to enter your PIN. If you choose to sign to authorize a debit transaction, the transaction will be routed as a Visa transaction. Provisions of your cardholder agreement that specifically relate to Visa transactions are inapplicable to non-Visa transactions. For instance, a non-Visa debit transaction will not provide Visa's Zero Liability Protection benefit.
1CO-OP Network ATMs, 692667 (MYCOOP) is a surcharge-free service. Check with your mobile phone provider, as standard text messaging rates apply.
2Application is for locating CO-OP Network ATMs only. There is no charge for downloading the app, however Web charges may occur on your cell phone depending on your data plan. Check with your service provider.