Student LoansAt Neighbors, we have student loans to meet your education needs. Whether you’re a full-time student, need to balance school with work, or a recent a graduate, we’ll take the time to build a solution that’s right for you.
Private Student Loan
With the escalating cost of college tuition, Neighbors Credit Union provides students and families with a solution by funding higher education when federal loans are not enough. Our Private Student Loan can help pay for all qualified education expenses, including tuition, room and board, books, computers, even past due tuition bills.
- Borrow as little as $2,000 or up to $30,000 per year for a maximum of $80,000 in undergraduate loans or $120,000 in graduate loans1
- Choose between making interest payments or a nominal $25 Proactive Payment towards the loan while in school
- Use our private student loan to pay for qualified education expenses such as tuition, books, room/board, and computers
- Quick credit decision once we receive your completed application
- Competitive Interest Rates and with good grades, potential for even lower rates
- 1% Interest Rate Reduction once 10% of the loan principal is repaid during the Repayment Period2
- 30 Day No-Fee Return Policy allows you to cancel the loan within 30 days of disbursement without fees or interest
We believe in the future and you deserve the best one possible! Apply today.
Consolidation Student Loan
For recent college graduates currently faced with high interest private student loan debt, Neighbors Credit Union offers a consolidation and refinancing solution. Our Consolidation Student Loan combines loans from multiple lenders into one easy payment to reduce the chance of a missed or late payment. This refinancing option also potentially saves you money by reducing the interest rate on the existing loans.
- Borrow as little as $7,500 or as much as $120,000 in undergraduate private student loan debt or as much as $160,000 in graduate private student loan debt3
- Interest-only repayment option up to 4 years for eligible borrowers followed by 11 years of standard repayment
- Cosigner release available after 24 consecutive on-time principal and interest payments
- Take 5, 10, or 15 years to repay loan
- Simplify your finances with one easy monthly payment
- Lower payment with a competitive rate and extended repayment term
Apply for your Consolidation Student Loan today - before your student loan grace period is over!
1This loan has a variable interest rate that is based on a publicly available index, the Prime, as published in The Wall Street Journal. Your rate may change each month and will be calculated by adding the Prime to a margin between 1.00% and 6.25%. Rates and terms based on credit criteria and are all subject to change. 2Subject to Credit Union approval. The Repayment Period begins after the In-School and Grace Period.
3This loan has a variable interest rate that is based on a publicly available index, the Prime, as published in The Wall Street Journal. Your rate may change each month and will be calculated by adding the Prime to a margin between 4.00% and 6.75%. Rates and terms based on credit criteria and are all subject to change. Federal student loans cannot be consolidated with the Private Student Loan Consolidation. If you are seeking a federal student loan consolidation, you can learn more details about the process here: www.loanconsolidation.ed.gov