Neighbors Credit Union protects your accounts by analyzing debit card usage. If we notice spending in unusual stores or out-of town places, we may contact you to confirm the purchases. If we cannot reach you, your card may be blocked until you contact us. While this protects your account, we understand it can be an inconvenience if the purchase was valid.
What happens when fraudulent activity appears to be detected on my card?
- You will be contacted to verify the transaction and your identity.
What if you cannot reach me?
- We may block your card for that and any additional transactions, until we hear from you.
What do I need to do?
- Be sure your contact information is up-to-date with us, especially your home, work and cell phone numbers.
- If your debit card has been blocked due to fraud, call 1-866-334-1048.
- Be sure to keep Neighbors Credit Union’s phone numbers with you in case need to contact one of our branches.
Here are some tips to help prevent your card from being declined:
- Contact Neighbors Credit Union when you are travelling. We will note your account so that your account will not be blocked due to out-of-town spending.
- Choose “Credit” Instead of “Debit” when using your card. PIN transactions have a $500 daily limit to protect your accounts. Therefore, if you are purchasing an item that is more than $500, your purchase will be denied, despite how much you have available in your account. If you process the transaction as “Credit” (instead of selecting “Debit) and sign, you will be able to complete the purchase.
If you follow these steps, you will help protect your accounts while helping ensure your debit card will not be declined on valid purchases.