No matter which checking account you choose, all include:
- Free online banking, mobile banking and text alerts, smartphone & tablet apps1
- Free Mobile Deposit that lets you deposit checks from anywhere via our apps1
- Free Purchase Rewards that give you cash back from participating retailers
- Free Money Management for budgeting and money management
- Free Visa® debit cards, direct deposit & eStatements
- Free access to 5,000 Shared Branches and 30,000 ATMs nationwide
- And more!
Plus, with checking and direct deposit, you are eligible for extra discounts on other credit union products.
This special checking account features many unique benefits, earns you interest, and there are no minimum balance requirements or per-check fees.2
Take advantage of the special services:
- IDProtect® – identity theft monitoring and resolution service3*
- Up to $10,000 of 24-hour Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance4
- Up to $100,000 of Common Carrier Coverage4
- Cellular Telephone Protection4 (Cellular telephone bill must be paid through this Benefits Checking account.)
- Travel and Leisure Discount Membership*
- Health Discount Savings* – enjoy savings on vision, prescriptions (This is NOT insurance.)
- $hopping Rewards™*
- Cash Back Member Rewards5*
- Gas and Gift Card Discounts5*
With the Simple Checking Account there are no minimum balance requirements, no per-check fees, and no monthly fees. You can even open your account online!
An Interest Checking Account will reward you for keeping a higher checking balance and having direct deposit. To earn interest, you simply need to maintain a minimum balance of $2,500.00 and have a direct deposit going into the account.6 Interest earned is posted monthly to the account.
6A $10.00 fee will be applied monthly if the balance falls below $2,500.00. A $5.00 fee will be applied monthly if direct deposit is not present.
Our selection of checking accounts also include three business checking accounts. Click here to learn more about the business checking accounts we offer.
Do you want to switch your checking account to Neighbors, but are afraid it will be too much trouble? Don't worry! We are here to help make it an easy transition. ClickSWITCH is a program where anyone can enter in their other accounts, and automatically the items will move over to Neighbors. For example, if you are a nonmember opening a checking account, you can enter your credentials and your bill pay accounts from your existing institution will be moved over.
Neighbors Routing Number: 281082384
With the combination of federal and private insurance, Neighbors Credit Union currently insures your deposit accounts to at least $500,000 and your Individual Retirement Accounts to at least $500,000!
1Message and data rates may apply from your wireless carrier. Must be enrolled in online banking to activate.
2There is a $5 monthly fee for this account.
3IDProtect service is a personal identity theft protection service available to account owner(s) and their joint account holders. The service is available to non-publicly traded businesses and their business owner(s) listed on the account (service not available to employees or authorized signers who are not owners). Service is not available to a “signer” on the account who is not an account owner. Service is not available to clubs, organizations and/or churches and their members, schools and employees/students. For revocable grantor trusts, the service is available only when a grantor is serving as a trustee and covers the grantor trustee(s). For all other fiduciary accounts, the service covers the beneficiary, who must be the primary member (Fiduciary is not covered).
4Special Insurance Program Notes: The descriptions herein are summaries only. They do not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Insurance is offered through the company named on the certificate of insurance. Guide to Benefit is provided at time of account opening.
5Terms and conditions apply.
*Registration and/or activation required.
Insurance Products are not insured by the NCUA or any Federal Government Agency; not a deposit of or guaranteed by the credit union or any credit union affiliate.